Single leg dumbbell front raise
• Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
• This isolation exercise works the shoulder muscles, and in particular the front of the shoulder.
• It also brings the core muscles into play as they are activated to keep the torso straight and support the spine and back during the lift.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the DBs in your hands, with your arms at your sides.
- To make the exercise even more challenging, and to bring in the element of stability and balance, perform the exercise while standing on one leg. Slowly lift one foot off the ground and find your balance.
- Tighten your core muscles and raise the DBs in front of you until your arms are parallel to the ground. At the top of the movement, your palms should be facing downward, with your elbows should be fully extended. Be careful not to arch your back or swing the DBs up during the lift.
- Lower your arms back to the side.
- Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
• Step 1: To further challenge yourself, you can complete all the repetitions on one side, before doing the repetitions with the other arm.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.