Squat front raise with dumbbells
- Maintain tall posture throughout the exercise and keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves performing a squat, and summating the forces into a dumbbell front raise.
- Start with light weights (30% of normal front raise weight is recommended) to the side of the body (palms facing in).
- Perform dumbbell squat (for description see “squat dumbbell” in the exercise library).
- As you ascend from the squat, use that momentum as you perform a dumbbell front raise (for description see “front raise” in the exercise library).
- Lowering the dumbbells to the side completes one rep.
- Perform desired reps.
Other Notes: TRAINERS: ensure that the client does NOT adduct the knees to accommodate the dumbbells.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.