Squat front raise with dumbbell using single arm
- Maintain tall posture throughout the exercise and keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise, this engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves performing a squat, and summating the forces into a 1 arm dumbbell front raise.
- Start with a light weight (30% of normal front raise weight is recommended) to the side of the body (palm facing in).
- Perform dumbbell squat (for description - see 'squat - dumbbell' in the exercise library).
- As you ascend from the squat, use that momentum as you perform a 1 arm dumbbell front raise (for description - see 'front raise' in the exercise library).
- Lowering the dumbbell to the side completes one rep.
- Perform desired reps.
Other Notes: TRAINERS: ensure that the client does NOT adduct the knees to accommodate the dumbbell.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.