Squat front raise with dumbbells on single leg
- Maintain tall posture throughout the exercise and keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves performing a 1 leg squat, and summating the forces into a dumbbell front raise.
- Start with light weights (20% of normal front raise weight is recommended) to the side of the body (palms facing in).
- Perform 1 leg dumbbell squat (for description - see 'squat - 1 leg dumbbell' in the exercise library).
- As you ascend from the 1 leg squat, use that momentum as you perform a Db front raise (for description dumbbell on - see 'front raise' in the exercise library).
- Lowering the dumbbells to the side completes one rep.
- Perform desired reps.
Other Notes: TRAINERS: ensure that the client does NOT adduct the knee to accommodate the dumbbells.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.