• Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
• This isolation exercise works the shoulder muscles, and in particular the front of the shoulder.
• It also brings the core muscles into play as they are activated to keep the torso straight and support the spine and back during the lift.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the DB in one hand, with your arms at your sides.
• Tighten your core muscles and raise the DB in front of you until your arm is parallel to the ground. At the top of the movement, your palm should be facing downward (elbow should be fully extended). Be careful not to arch your back or swing the DB up during the lift.
• Lower your arm back to the side. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
• Step 1: To make the exercise even more challenging, and to bring in the element of stability and balance, you can perform the exercise while standing on one leg. Slowly lift one foot off the ground and find your balance. Do the front raise with the arm that’s on the same side as the foot that’s off the ground.