Dumbbell squat swing overhead
- Improves strength and definition in quadriceps/top of the upper thigh.
- Improves strength and definition in hamstrings/bottom of the upper thigh.
- Improves coordination between lower body and upper body.
- Improves definition in front of upper shoulders.
- No excessive tension in front of pelvis, hamstrings/back of the upper thigh, and/or calves.
- Must be able to perform the bodyweight squat with proper posture.
- Prepare to keep your knees over your toes when the squat begins.
- Keep lower back tight, chest up, and arms flexed (hands/handles at shoulder level).
- Your feet should be parallel, shoulder-width apart ahead and pointing straight.
How to Do:
- With slightly bent arms hanging down to your sides, squat down while breathing in and keeping your chest up.
- Breathing out, stand up quickly and swing arms up to eye level.
- Squatting rapidly will allow the arms to travel easily from the momentum produced in the lower body rather than over-exerting the shoulders.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.