Heisman step with medicine ball
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades retracted and depressed and good stability through the abdominal complex.
- Initiate a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise, this engages the nervous system.
- Ensure that the client is proficient at “multiplanar lunges with arm drivers” before prescribing this exercise.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a step with a knee kick and trunk rotation.
- Start with a staggered stance in a long stride position holding the medicine ball in both hands at chest height towards the forward leg (as shown).
- As the rear foot comes forward, the knee drives forward and up as the medicine ball is rotated towards the incoming leg.
- The motion is quickly decelerated and the client returns the start position momentarily touching the ground behind them (see video).
- This movement is quickly repeated for a desired number of reps.
- Ensure that at NO point in the movement, the low back arches excessively.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.