Lying hip flexor stretch table (assisted, contract-relax)
Partner should have you lay face up with one leg hanging off table and one knee pulled into chest.
How to Do:
In video, partner is standing to side for better view of stretch. Description will be of partner standing at foot of table facing you. This reduces the difficulty for the partner.
- Partner should have you pull knee toward chest and you will hold it there.
- Ensure lower back remained flat against the table throughout the stretch.
- Push opposite knee down to focus stretch on the muscles of the hip joint. Push foot back to focus stretch on the front of the thigh.
- Hold at first Resistance barrier for 20 to 30 seconds, and then statically contract for 5 to 7 seconds.
- Relax and move into newly acquired range of motion.
- Repeat 2 to 3 reps.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.