Front to back leg swing
- Core strength.
- Core definition.
- Core stabilization.
- Definition in the butt.
- Active stretching of butt, hamstring, and calf.
- You should be able to perform the movement from core/hip, and not from your knee.
- No excessive tension in lower back and/or pelvis.
- Find something sturdy, and tall enough to hold onto for stability.
- Squeeze/stabilize the abdominals and butt before beginning.
- Keep your shoulder blades tight and your chest up.
How to Do:
- Swing your leg out in front of your body until you feel the pressure of a stretch in your hamstrings and glutes.
- From the position in front, swing the leg past neutral, and out behind your body, stretching the front of your hips and upper thigh.
- Maintain good posture in the mid-section while performing 5-10 reps.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.