Torso cable oblique twist (rotation)
What is it and benefits?
- The Hip and Torso Rotation (FreeMotion) is a beginner exercise that strengthens the CORE muscles.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise is appropriate for those who have good CORE stability and an injury-free lower back.
- Stand tall with the back to the freemotion or cable machine. Feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the strap with both hands and pull it over the left shoulder and across the torso. Tuck elbows to the sides. Knees should be slightly bent. Feet should point straight ahead.
- Suck in the tummy drawing the bellybutton towards the spine. Hold this position throughout the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Slowly rotate the trunk toward the left hip while keeping the back upright. Pause briefly and return to starting position.
- Perform the desired number of repetitions. Switch the straps to the right shoulder and repeat on the opposite side.
- Ensure proper form throughout this exercise.
- Keep feet planted firmly on the floor.
- If any pain or discomfort is experienced, discontinue this exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.