How to Do Banded Hip Bridge Hold on Ball
No excessive tension in the hip flexors front of hips and or quadriceps front of thighs.
The ability to balance on a stability ball.
Beginning Hip Bridge Hold
Lie on your back on the stability ball with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
Place a band around your thighs just above the knee, and your arms straight and to your sides.
Hip Bridge Hold Movement
1. Create outward tension in the band by squeezing your outer thighs and hold it there.
2. Raise your pelvis off the ground by squeezing glutes, lower back, and hamstrings while breathing out.
3. Hold at the top for two seconds before lowering, and maintain tension in the band throughout the entire movement.
4. Do not let knees move forward as the pelvis is raising.
5. Lower pelvis slowly while breathing in.
Hip Bridge Hold Benefits
Strength and definition in the abdominals, lower back, hamstrings back of thighs, glutes butt.