How to Do Ice Skaters With Crossover
The ice skaters with crossover should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the ice skaters with crossover.
Beginning Ice Skaters Exercise
To begin, stand on one leg. As if you were jumping over a puddle or fast skating, hop from side to side, switching legs. Swing your arms from side to side, touching one arm to the opposing standing leg while lowering your body.
Ice Skaters Exercise Movement
1. This exercise replicates an ice skater.
2. To get into the starting position, one leg is going to the bent at the knee and the other leg will be bent behind you.
3. Extend the hand opposing the leg on the ground in front of you and the other hand behind you.
4. From here perform a crossover step. The leg that is in the back of you will now be on the ground, the hand that was in the back of you will now be in front of you.
5. Use a gliding motion as if you were ice skating while transferring from position to position.
Ice Skaters Exercise Benefits
Skating engages nearly every muscle group in the body, and gliding necessitates synchronized leg action, which is essential for joint flexibility. It strengthens the leg and abdominal muscles as well. Skating, like any other workout, is good for cardiovascular health because it gets the blood moving and the heart rate up.