How to Do Incline Chest Press Machine Using Single Arm and Off Backrest
Each incline chest press machine using single arm and off backrest should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this incline chest press machine using single arm and off backrest.
Beginning Incline Chest Press
1. Sit off of the backrest in an upright position and straight back.
2. Place your right elbow out to the side keeping it in line with your shoulder.
3. Place your opposite hand at your side or hip area.
4. Grasp handle grip and align your wrist and elbow where your wrist is straight out in front of your elbow.
5. Perform this press in an incline or decline position. This can also be performed with both arms.
Incline Chest Press Movement
1. Tighten abdominal muscles to strengthen your spine.
2. Make sure that you maintain proper posture at all times.
3. To maintain balance and stability, keep your feet planted on the floor.
4. Initiate movement by pushing your hand outward towards your midpoint.
5. Your torso should rotate slightly in the direction of your hand.
6. Return your hand to starting position and repeat movement until you have completed a full set.
7. Be sure to complete this exercise on the opposite side.
8. Pay attention so that your back doesn't arch at any time during this exercise.
Incline Chest Press Benefits
Provides chest and core training integration.
Promotes strength and improved function.
Incorporates secondary shoulder and triceps involvement.
Improves overall muscle definition.
This movement is appropriate for the novice because preconditioning is not required.
Free Motion Machine Exercises, FreeMotion Exercises, One Arm Cable Press.