How to Do Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball Using Single Leg
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball
1. With your palms facing forward, raise the dumbbells to chest height.
2. Using your pecs to power the exercise, exhale and push the dumbbells up until your arms are fully extended.
3. Do not allow the dumbbells to come into contact. As you inhale, pause for a second at the top, then slowly bring them back down.
Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball Movement
1. Start off by laying at an incline on a stability ball. You will be holding yourself up with your upper back and shoulders on the stability ball while bending your leg so that the sole of your foot may rest flat on the floor. Your other leg will be straight in the air, parallel to the ground.
2. Begin by holding the dumbbells straight up in front of you so that your knuckles face the ceiling and your palms face away.
3. Slowly bring the dumbbells down and bend at the elbows so that they eventually make 90 degree angles.
4. At the bottom of the press, the back of the arms should be in a straight line, parallel to the ground, with your palms both still facing away.
5. Press back up from this position to the starting point, and repeat for repetitions.
Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball Benefits
The incline press is designed to concentrate greater work on the upper pectorals. The primary benefit of incline presses is that they strengthen the upper pectoral muscles. Because it's similar to a shoulder press, setting the bench at an inclination of 15 to 30 degrees activates your shoulders more.
The Stability Ball Chest Press, Incline Swiss-Ball Dumbbell Chest Press Exercise, How to Do an Incline Dumbbell Bench Press Without a Bench, Incline Chest Press on Stability Ball Exercise, Incline Chest Press - Stability Ball, Incline Dumbbell Press with Exercise Ball, Incline Dumbbell Press On Swiss Ball.