How to Do
How to Do Lateral Step Ups With Rotation
No excessive tension in front of pelvis, hamstrings in the back of the upper thigh, and or calves.
Must be comfortable on one leg foot.
When you feel comfortable with this movement, and you are able to perform many repetitions in a row, add weight in the form of dumbbells, cables, bands, barbell.
Should be able to maintain level pelvis hips and keep feet straight on stepper platform.
Twist more or less than 140 degrees based on quality of movement.
Beginning Lateral Step Up
1. Set the stepper height so that your knee begins the stepping movement at 90 degrees.
2. Begin in a standing position that faces 140 degrees away from the front of the stepper.
3. Keep your core tight, shoulders back and chest high.
Lateral Step Up Movement
1. Brace your lower back, place your foot from a position 140 degrees off center on a stepping platform stepper.
2. Breathing out, step up while turning forward with one leg until your knee is straight.
3. Breathing in, slowly return to the original position at the bottom of the stepper facing 140 degrees off center.
4. If you cannot perform movement without arching your lower back, reduce weight and continue.
Lateral Step Up Benefits
Improves strength definition in the Quadriceps front of the upper thigh.
Improves strength definition in the back of the upper thigh.
Improves one-legged balance stability.
Improves lateral movement stability.
Exercise Step Up, Step Up Leg Exercise, Step Up Step Down Exercise, Exercises to Do on a Step.