How to Do Lateral Step Ups With Cable
Each lateral step up with cable should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this lateral step ups with cable.
Beginning Lateral Step Ups
1. Start in a standing position with chest up, and lower back tight.
2. Set the platform at the desired height, a height that brings the stepping knee to 90 degrees.
3. Set an appropriate weight and grab the cable.
Lateral Step Ups Movement
1. Tense up your core, and align posture.
2. Keeping the chest up, begin with a lateral sideways step up onto the
3. Platform while breathing out.
4. Keep your lower back tight, arms straight at your sides, and knee over
5. Breathing in, descend slowly, pause, repeat.
Lateral Step Ups Benefits
Inner thigh strengthening.
Inner thigh definition.
Improved coordination between lower body muscle groups.
Improved lateral movement stability.
cable side lateral, step up leg exercise, exercise step up, lateral step up exercise.