Single leg PNF pattern with resistance band
- Activate the core by drawing the belly button in towards the spine. Perform pelvic floor contractions by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- Lift one leg off the floor and flex raised ankle towards the body. Keep feet parallel and to the side.
- Keep hips level.
How to Do:
- Start off in a one legged squat position so that one foot rests flat on the floor and that knee is slightly bent. The other leg is bent back at the knee and off of the ground.
- Slightly lean forward and descend into a one leg squat while grabbing a resistance band with both hands so that you have an interlocking grip around the handle.
- From this position, ascend from the one leg squat while simultaneously brining your arms diagonally across your body.
- Return from this position by bringing your arms back to the starting position while simultaneously descending back into a one leg squat position.
Begin with no weight and perfect the movement, then choose a VERY light weight.
- Inertia progressions
- No weight progressions
- Medicine Ball
- Activate the core with a proper drawing in maneuver and pelvic floor contraction.
- Maintain neutral spine angles.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.