Single leg PNF pattern with dumbbell
- Tighten your belly and perform pelvis floor contractions.
- Lift one leg off the floor and flex raised ankle towards the body. Keep feet parallel and to the side.
- Keep hips level.
How to Do:
- Start off in a one legged squat position so that one foot rests flat on the floor and that knee is slightly bent. The other leg is bent back at the knee and off of the ground.
- Slightly lean forward and descend into a one leg squat while holding onto a dumbbell with one hand.
- From this position, ascend from the one leg squat while simultaneously brining your arm diagonally across your body.
- Return from this position by bringing your arm back to the starting position while simultaneously descending back into a one leg squat position.
- Activate the core with a proper drawing in maneuver and pelvic floor contraction.
- Maintain neutral spine angles.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.