Seated levator scapulae stretch (static)
Seated, place your right hand behind your body between your shoulder blades.
How to Do:
- Slowly, rotate your head to the left until a barrier (tension) is felt.
- Place the back of your left hand on the side of your forehead.
- Inhale and rotate into your left hand for 5 seconds (isometric right rotation).
- Exhale and slowly move farther into the stretch (rotating left). You can use your left hand to assist the range of motion - but be careful! Stretching should never produce pain!
- Repeat 3-5 times.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do not strain. Stretching is relaxation.
- You may need to 'play' with different head positions to find the place of tension.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.