Side lunge to balance
- Begin with both feet shoulder width apart and hands on hips.
- Lunge to the side landing on the entire foot, coming to a stabilized position, with mobile foot pointing at a slight angle (to allow for the slight external rotation that MUST occur when Abduction occurs at the hip), and the knee directly over 2nd & 3rd toe.
How to Do:
- Both knees should now be bent 90°, front foot should be flat on the ground and the back foot should have the heel lifted off the ground.
- From this position drive off of front foot (heel first) and onto back leg.
- Stand directly up into a balance position with balance leg straight and opposite leg flexed 90° at the hip and knee with foot pointed out.
**Note: This exercise can be done in all three planes of motion, Frontal (moving right to left), Saggital (moving forward and back) and Transverse Planes (rotating around the body).
Progressions: On Airex Pad or other unstable surface.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.