Forward lunge with bicep curl
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the belly, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate core by drawing the belly button towards the spine and contracting the pelvic floor – these are the same muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
How to Do:
- While maintaining total body alignment, step forward descending slowly by bending at the hips, knees, and ankles. Keep most of your weight in the forward leg and AVOID letting your back knee touch the ground
- In the deepest part of the lunge, perform a bicep curl and lower the weight slowly
- Use your hip and thigh muscles to push yourself up and back to the starting position
Progressions: Multiplanar (sagital, frontal, transverse)
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.