Forward lunge to swing curl
- Maintain good posture (ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead) and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a forward lunge with a 2 arm bicep curl.
- Perform a forward lunge (for description see “lunge-sagittal” in the exercise library), as the arms swing back to “load” (as shown).
- As momentum is generated in a forward direction, use it to swing the arms forward into a bicep curl (as shown).
- As you lower the weights, they should swing back as you step back.
Other Notes: TRAINERS: since momentum needs to be used and controlled, itis imperative that you start your client / athlete with about 50% oftheir normal standing bicep curl weight
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.