Side lunge to swing curl
- Maintain good posture (ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead) and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a side lunge with a 2 arm bicep curl.
- Perform a side lunge (for description see 'lunge-frontal' in the exercise library), as the arm swing back to 'load' (as shown).
- As momentum is generated in a sideways direction, use it to swing the arms forward into a bicep curl (as shown).
- As you lower the weights, they should swing back as you step back.
- Since momentum needs to be used and controlled, it is imperative that you start with about 40% of your normal standing bicep curl weight.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.