Forward lunge with dumbbell tricep extension
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the belly, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate core by drawing in the belly button towards the spine and contract the pelvic floor by tightening the same muscles used to stop the flow of urine.
How to Do:
- While maintaining total body alignment, step forward descending slowly by bending at the hips, knees, and ankles. Keep most of your weight in the forward leg and AVOID letting your back knee touch the ground.
- In the deepest part of the lunge, flex the trunk forward and perform a kickback motion for the triceps.
- Bring the weighs back down slowly, extend the trunk back to upright aligned position.
- Use your hip and thigh muscles to push yourself up and back to the starting position.
Progressions: Other Progressions: multiplanar (sagittal, frontal, transverse)
Inertia progression: dumbbell to cable- to tubing.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.