Dumbbell lunge press with forward reach
- Feet facing straight ahead.
- Hands are by the shoulders in the starting position of an overhead press.
- Hands begin in a “palms up” position.
How to Do:
- Step out with the right leg.
- Lunge forward with the front leg allowing the trailing leg to bend slightly.
- Keep the front knee aligned over the front ankle.
- Reach down to either side of the lead foot while descending, maintaining integrity of the spine.
- Push off the front leg and push back to the starting position while pressing the dumbbells overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells to their starting position.
- Repeat the entire movement with the opposite leg.
Progressions: Alternating legs, to stabilizing on one leg when returning to the starting position, to alternating pressing arms, to pressing with one arm.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.