Lateral dumbbell lunge press
- Feet facing straight ahead.
- Hands are by the shoulders in the starting position of an overhead press.
- Hands begin in a “palms up” is position.
How to Do:
- Step sideways with the right leg.
- Keep the feet facing forward.
- Lunge sideways into the right leg.
- Allow the hips to drift back and slightly flex at the hip joint.
- Keep the right knee in alignment over the right ankle.
- Keep the trailing leg straight.
- While descending into the lunge, press the dumbbells to arm's length over head.
- Push off with the right foot to return to the starting position while lowering the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Repeat the entire movement for the opposite leg.
Progressions: Alternating legs, stabilizing on oneleg when returning to the starting position, alternating pressing arms,pressing with one arm.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.