Rotational lunge with single arm dumbbell row
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves performing a rotational lunge with a dumbbell row.
- Stand tall with a dumbbell in one hand (choose a weight that is about 10% of a normal dumbbell row weight).
- Perform a rotational lunge with the leg that is opposite to the dumbbell side (for description - see 'lunge - transverse' in the exercise library).
- In the deepest part of the lunge, reach to the lunge foot with the opposite arm (the dumbbell hand).
- Simultaneously row the weight up as you push yourself back to the starting position - as shown.
- If you notice a rounding of the back, loss of balance, inability to step back to starting position, or a valgusing of the knee, regress this exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.