Rotational lunge forward reach
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves a rotational lunge with a two arm forward reach.
- Perform a rotational lunge (for description see “lunge-transverse” in the exercise library).
- In the deepest part of the lunge, overlap your hands and reach forward (at chest height) as far as you can, maintaining balance as shown.
- Ensure that you are reaching forward relative to where you end up in the lunge, not where you started from as shown.
- Push to your starting position.
- Pay close attention to the video to observe the dynamics of this motion.
- The goal is to reach as far as you can within your abilities.
- Only allow range of motion that can be balanced / controlled. If you lose balance, decrease your range of motion until you reach your threshold of success.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.