Rotational lunges with bands and arm drive
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability through the belly.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a rotational lunge in combination with a two arm rotational movement.
- Start with a tall body line, grabbing the handle of the bungee at chest height and arms straight as shown.
- The bungee is positioned off to one side. Note: you will be lunging away from the bungee.
- Perform a rotational lunge (for description see “lunge-transverse” in the exercise library.
- At the end range of motion of the rotational lunge, perform a two arm rotation through the trunk and shoulders towards the lunge leg as shown.
- Push back with the lunge leg to starting position and return arms to center.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Ensure that you maintain a tall body line and that the shoulders do not round as these may be indications that the exercise is too advanced and needs to be regressed.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.