Side lunge reach (anterior)
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How To Do:
- This exercise involves a forward lunge with a two arm side reach.
- Perform a forward lunge (for description - see 'lunge - frontal' in the exercise library).
- In the deepest part of the lunge, overlap your hands and reach sideways to the same side as the lunge leg (at chest height) as far as you can, maintaining balance - as shown.
- Push back to your starting position.
- Pay close attention to the video to observe the dynamics of this motion.
- The goal is to reach as far as you can within your abilities.
- Only allow range of motion that can be balanced / controlled - if you lose balance, decrease your range of motion until you reach your threshold of success.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.