Dumbbell lunge with single arm press
- Maintain good posture (ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead) and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves an alternating forward lunge with a 1 arm shoulder press.
- Perform a forward lunge (for description see “lunge-sagittal,” in the exercise library), with the dumbbell at shoulder height.
- Hold in the lunge position and perform a shoulder press.
- Lower the weight back to your shoulder height and push yourself back to the starting position.
- Alternate forward lunging pattern.
- Perform the desired number of reps but NOTE that this exercise causes a lot of fatigue (you may choose a lower rep range to begin).
- Inertia progression: for dumbbells, to cable, to tubing.
- Stable to Unstable: shoes on to shoes off to lunging onto an unstable surface (i.e. core-board, airex pad etc).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.