Dumbbell side lunge with single arm press
- Maintain good posture (ensure that the visual gaze is straight ahead) and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves an alternating side lunge with a 1 arm shoulder press.
- Perform a side lunge (for description see 'lunge-frontal' in the exercise library), with the dumbbell at shoulder height.
- Hold in the lunge position and perform a shoulder press.
- Lower the weight back to shoulder height and push yourself back to the starting position.
- Alternate side lunging pattern.
- Perform the desired number of reps but NOTE that this exercise causes a lot of fatigue (you may choose a lower rep range to begin).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.