Rotational lunge with twisting reach
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability through the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves a rotational lunge with a two arm rotational reach.
- Perform a rotational lunge (for description - see 'lunge - transverse' in the exercise library).
- In the deepest part of the lunge, overlap your hands and rotate arms around to the same side as the lunge leg (at chest height) as far as you can, maintaining balance - as shown.
- Push back to your starting position.
- Pay close attention to the video to observe the dynamics of this motion.
- The goal is to reach as far as you can within your abilities.
- Only allow range of motion that can be balanced / controlled - if you lose balance, decrease your until you reach your threshold of success.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.