How to Do Medicine ball pullover on stability ball
The medicine ball pullover on stability ball should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the medicine ball pullover on stability ball.
Beginning Medicine Ball Pullover
1. Extend your arms above your chest toward the ceiling. Your elbows should be slightly bent and your palms should face each other.
2. Inhale and extend the weights back and above your head while maintaining a strong core and back. Reach a fully stretched position where the weights are behind but not below your head in 3 to 4 seconds.
3. Slowly exhale and bring your arms back to the beginning position.
Medicine Ball Pullover Movement
1. Choose a SB that will allow you to sit on it with your feet flat on the ground, and your knees bent at about ninety degrees.
2. With the MB clasped in both hands, slowly lie back on the SB, and inch your feet forward until your shoulders and head are supported by the SB. Your feet should be flat on the ground about shoulder-width apart, with your knees bent at about 90 degrees. Your hips should be off the ball and aligned with the torso and knees. Your torso should be parallel to the ground. Tighten up your abdominals and activate your hamstrings and glutes to support your back and spine, and to keep your hips in place.
3. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and bring your arms up so that they are perpendicular to your torso and the ground. Your elbows should be fully extended, and the MB should be directly over your shoulders.
4. With your core muscles tight, slowly lower your arms over your head until your upper arms are next to your ears. Make sure that your arms remain straight throughout the movement, and remember not to arch your back at any point. If you find yourself arching, choose a lighter MB.
5. Slowly bring your arms back up so that the MB is directly over your shoulders again. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
Medicine Ball Pullover Benefits
This exercise can be performed at home or in the gym.
You’ll strengthen your back muscles primarily, although your chest and shoulder muscles will also come into play.
Your core muscles and abdominals will be activated to hold your body stable, as you perform the exercise on the SB.