Medicine ball rotational throw and catch against wall
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades backing down and good stability through the valley to watch.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a shuffle pass into the wall with a 180° turn.
- Stand approximately 1 meter (2 feet) away from the wall, with the line of the shoulders perpendicular to the wall.
- Stand with the feet slightly wider than shoulder width, and the toes pointing out slightly.
- Rotate the medicine ball towards the outside leg and “load” (you squat slightly maintaining an upright chest position) as shown in.
- Push off with the outside leg and rotate the medicine ball, throwing it towards the wall.
- Once you catch it at chest height, quickly shuffle the feet so that you turn 180°, rotating in the opposite direction to throw the ball against the wall.
- Repeat back and forth motion as shown for the desired amount of reps.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.