How to Do Medicine Ball Twist Standing With Reach
Each medicine ball twist standing with reach should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this medicine ball twist standing with reach.
Beginning Medicine Ball Twist
1. Sit on the floor, either with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor (easier) or raised off the floor (more difficult). If you're having trouble holding the position and your feet are moving around, try tucking them beneath a stable object.
2. Sit at a 45-degree angle by contracting your abs.
3. Hold the medicine ball in front of you with both hands.
Medicine Ball Twist Movement
1. Start by standing upright with your elbows bent and tucked into your side, holding a medicine ball.
2. Twist with your hips, while keeping your feet straight ahead, and straighten out your arms as your twist.
3. Untwist slowly back to the starting position while returning your elbows to their position tight alongside your body.
4. Repeat by going in the opposite direction.
Medicine Ball Twist Benefits
This exercise works the shoulders, triceps, glutes, back, and hamstrings, as well as the core, which redirects energy into the movement. In the end, this not only increases overall power and strength, but it also raises the heart rate, which improves cardiovascular health.
Exercises With a Medicine Ball, Medicine Ball Workouts.