Alternating prone shoulder press on ball with dumbbell
- Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This exercise builds strength in the shoulders and back.
- Your core muscles, including the lower back, will be activated to stabilize your body as your perform the exercise on the stability ball. Your legs will also be working to keep you steady.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Use a wall to support your back and have the stability ball in front of you, with a pair of relatively light dumbbells in your hand.
- Place your hips and lower stomach on the ball, with your feet against the wall. Your abdominals, lower back muscles, and legs should be activated to hold the body’s alignment. Align your head with your shoulders, hips, knees, and heels, and your body will be at an angle to the floor.
- Place the dumbbells at shoulder height, then press the dumbbells up and over your head. Keep your arms in line with your torso throughout the movement, and make sure that your elbows don’t “drop” toward the ground during the exercise.
- Once you are comfortable with this exercise you can make it more challenging by alternating your arms, instead of raising them both at the same time.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.