Oblique twists with resistance band (partner)
- To begin, lie on the ground with the belly button drawn in and pelvic floor contracted by taking those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- Lift the leg off the floor so that they are in triple flexion (at the ankles, knees, and hips).
- Ensure that the spine angles do NOT change throughout the movement.
How to Do:
- To increase muscular demand of the exercise, perform exercise with a partner, against tubing resistance.
- The head should be positioned with a chin tucked and the hands by the ear so that they DO NOT support the head.
- Lift the shoulder blades off the ground by contracting the abdomen. Once in the air, turn the shoulders to one side and bring that knee into the chest slightly (as shown).
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Throughout this movement, ensure that the lower back NEVER goes into excessive extension (the lower back should never be so arched that you could fit your palm between the low back and floor).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.