How to Do Standing Oblique Band Crunch Arms Overhead
The standing oblique band crunch arms overhead should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the standing oblique band crunch arms overhead.
Beginning Oblique Band Crunch
1. Lie face up on an exercise mat, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Placing your left ankle over your right knee is a good way to start.
2. Place your right hand on the outside of your head and your left arm at your side.
3. The posture of your spine and pelvis should be neutral. Tuck your pelvis in slightly and lower your ribs.
Oblique Band Crunch Movement
1. You are going to start by holding the resistance band over your head with an interlocking grip.
2. The feet should be wider than your shoulders to give you more leverage, and your feet should be facing forward.
3. You will want to step away from the resistance band to also get some tension on it.
4. With your hands overhead, use your hips to bend the direction towards the resistance band. Use a slow and controlled motion and reverse the process to come back to the beginning.
5. To work the other side, face the opposite direction when starting.
Oblique Band Crunch Benefits
Oblique crunches are a great way to work on your oblique muscles.
Oblique crunches are a great way to tone your body.