How to Do Oblique Crunches With Leg Lift, Bicycle
To make this an advanced exercise, assume the starting position of the Crunch-Oblique with both hands at the base of the head.
Keep the right knee bent and extend the left leg out straight out. Allow the left foot to hover above the floor as close as possible without straining.
Lift both shoulders off the floor and rotate the trunk toward the right knee.
Rotate the trunk to the left side while simultaneously extending the right leg out straight and drawing the left knee in. The switching of the legs should resemble the motion of riding a bicycle.
Continue to alternate the elbows to the alternate knees for the desired number of repetitions.
Beginning Oblique Crunches With Leg Lift
1. Lie flat on the back. Position the arms along either side of the body.
2. Bend the knees until the feet are flat on the floor.
3. Place the right hand on the back of your neck at the base of the skull for support throughout this exercise.
4. The left arm should be at your side with your palm facing the ceiling. Keep the eyes focused on the ceiling throughout the exercise.
Oblique Crunches With Leg Lift Movement
1. Lift the right shoulder off the floor.
2. Rotate the trunk until the right elbow points at the opposing knee. Hold and squeeze the tummy.
3. Slowly return to the starting position, and then repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Oblique Crunches With Leg Lift Benefits
Do not exert pressure or pull on the neck.
Do not let the head curl forward where the chin touches the chest.