How to Do Off-center Exercise Ball Crunch
To make this exercise even harder, roll down on the ball.
Then slowly step out to the left causing the ball to support the right hip and right side of the low back - off-center.
Maintain Posture and perform the exercise for the desired number of steps.
Beginning Off-center Crunch
1. Sit on the stability ball with feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Slowly roll down on the ball until it is in the low arch of the back. The knees should be bent at a near-right angle.
3. Ensure that the toes point straight ahead. Cross both arms across the chest and focus the eyes on the ceiling. Balance here.
Off-center Crunch Movement
1. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button toward the spine.
2. Tuck the chin to the chest. Keeping feet planted firmly on the floor; slowly curl the spine forward and sit upon the ball.
3. Slowly come back to the original position in one smooth, controlled movement. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Off-center Crunch Benefits
Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
Keep the legs activated but stable.
Be sure to have your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise.
Keep the chin tucked throughout the movement to protect it. If unable to maintain posture and balance, discontinue the exercise.
Choose the quality of the exercise over quantity.
Stability Ball Crunch, How to Do Ab Crunches on a Balance Ball, Swiss Ball Crunches, Ab Workouts, Offset Crunch on Stability Ball.