Dumbbell single arm snatch grip deadlift
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades retracted and depressed and good stability through the abdominal complex
- Initiate a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise, this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a quick 1 arm deadlift into an overhead throw action (however you are NOT going to release the weight)
- Begin with a very light weight as technique is crucial (approx. 10% of 1 arm deadlift weight)
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width, toespointed out slightly, looking toward the horizon (this ensures that theback remains flat)
- Start with the dumbbell hanging towards the ground, between the legs at the bottom of the deadlift - as shown (for description of deadlift see deadlift in exercise library)
- Keeping the gaze towards the horizon, the intent is to drive the head straight.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.