How to Do Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension With Staggered Stance Triceps Curls
Each dumbbell overhead triceps extension with staggered stance triceps curls should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this dumbbell overhead triceps extension with staggered stance triceps curls.
Beginning Overhead Triceps Extension
1. Begin with either your right foot or left foot in front. The opposite foot will go back about 1-2 feet with about a 6-inch gap between feet; this will give you good support and keep you upright.
2. With this proper form, hold the dumbbells straight overhead.
3. Try to keep your arms tight alongside your head during the entire exercise, since this will place the most amount of tension on your triceps.
Overhead Triceps Extension Movement
1. With your arms straight over your head, bend your arms at the elbow until they reach a 90 degree angle.
2. Control the dumbbells all the way down and pause for a few seconds when you reach the bottom of the exercise.
3. After the pause, lift the weights back up to a straight position with control and strength.
4. That is one repetition. Complete the chosen number of repetitions and then switch to the other side.
Overhead Triceps Extension Benefits
Starting this exercise, you will be standing up nice and straight back straight, not curved with your shoulders back, chest out, and head looking forward.
Normally, your feet would be at shoulder width facing straight ahead.
During this particular exercise, one foot should be placed in front of the other.
How To Do Elbow Extensions, Dumbbell Elbow Extensions, Uprising Elbow Extensions, Overhead Elbow Extensions, Dumbbell Triceps Extensions