Contract-relax supine piriformis stretch (assisted)
Lie on the floor or mat facing up as pictured.
How to Do:
- Externally rotate and the knee (not pictured) away from the body, until first resistance barrier is noted.
- Hold here for 20-30 seconds.
- The partner should then instruct you to push with "knee-not-ankle," hold here for 5-7 seconds.
- Hold at first Resistance barrier for 20 to 30 seconds, and then statically contract for 5 to 7 seconds.
- Relax and move into newly acquired range of motion.
- Repeat for 2 to 3 reps.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.