Straight arm plank hold
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
- You should maintain a lengthened position (from head to toe) throughout this exercise.
How to Do:
- This exercise is very similar to the prone plank.
- Start in a prone position (facing the floor as shown) on the ground with the hands just below the shoulders.
- Maintain a lengthened position throughout the body. Push your body off the floor until elbows are flexed to 90° (as shown) and hold for desired length of time.
- Watch for excessive arch in lower back and / or excessive elevation of the shoulder blade. These are strong signs of instability (weakness) and may suggest that this exercise is too advanced.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.