Cable woodchop squat and pivot
- Maintain a visual gaze towards the horizon (straight ahead) and good stability throughout the belly.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This is a movement that mimics the “reverse wood chop” with an active foot pattern.
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart and toes slightly pointing out in a full squat position.
- Perform “reverse wood chop” pattern (for description see “reverse wood chop” in the exercise library).
- As you return to start position, the outside leg (the one furthest to the stack of weights) steps in and pivots, which is followed by the inside leg pivoting and stepping out. In essence, you turn and face the opposite direction (as shown).
- Continue with this pattern (one rep, turn, one rep, turn etc).
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.