One arm bent over lateral raise, load to unload
- Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This is an advanced power and strength exercise that will work your entire body, and in particular your lower back, and your shoulders.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Place a relatively light dumbbell on the ground in front of you.
- Your stance should be shoulder-width apart with your abdominals tightened to support the body. Descend into a squat, and pick up the dumbbell with one arm. Straighten out the legs, while keeping your torso hinged forward at the hips. Ensure that your back is flat.
- The dumbbell should be handing from your shoulder with your palm turned in.
- Rotate your trunk inward beyond the midline of the body then reverse the motion to swing the dumbbell out to the side and back. You’ll be shifting your weight from side to side, and your legs will similarly swing from side to side.
- Allow your trunk to rotate back beyond the midline of the body before repeating the motion. Complete the required number of repetitions before switching sides. The repetitions should be done in a smooth continual manner.
- You should not be rounding your back at any time during this exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.