• Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
• Performing this exercise will improve the flexibility in the shoulder, particularly in the rear of the shoulder.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Kneel on the exercise mat and place the stability ball to one side of your body.
• Begin to incline forward at the hips, maintaining a strong back, until your upper body is at 90 degrees to your thighs. At this point, your body should be parallel to the ground.
• Reach your arm across your body and place the back of your hand on the uppermost part of the ball. Your elbow should be extended, and your palm will be facing the ceiling.
• Roll the ball under your arm while rotating your torso to get a nice stretch in your back and your shoulder.
• At all times during the exercise, your hips should remain stationary, and ‘stacked’ directly over your knees. The rotation should only be in the trunk.