How to Do prone Cobra on Stability Ball With Dumbbells
Core stabilization and activation of the glutes. The ability to perform scapular retraction.
Prone Cobra on Stability Ball Preparation
Preparation lay in a prone position with a stability ball under the sternum. Legs straight, and core and glutes activated.
Prone Cobra on Stability Ball Movement
1. Perform cobra movement with dumbbells in each hand.
2. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward.
3. Squeeze glutes and Slowly draw the shoulder blades backward, retraction and downward, depression, while externally rotating the hands so the palms face away from the legs.
4. The chin should be tucked in while lifting the torso off the stability ball. Hold the position for the recommended time.
5. As strength increases, repetitions may be held for longer periods. Do not allow the head to extend backward.
6. The chin should stay tucked.
7. If a client complains of discomfort in the low back, have him or her concentrate on squeezing the glutes, do not externally rotate the hips. Keep feet straight ahead throughout the entire exercise.
How To Do The Cobra Exercise, Cobra Exercise on Stability Ball, Cobras Workout, Stability Ball Prone Cobras, Cobra Back Exercise.