Stability ball pullover with dumbbell on single leg
- Ensure that you are used to the stability ball.
- Activate the core by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and contract the pelvic floor by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
How to Do:
- Grab a dumbbell and sit on the ball.
- Slowly roll down the ball while comfortably placing your shoulder blades, head, and neck on the ball with both feet straight ahead.
- Elevate one leg into triple extension (at hips, knee, and ankle), and maintain level hips.
- Lift your hips up until they are in line with your knees and shoulders.
- Position the arms and dumbbell perpendicular to the ceiling (straight up).
- Perform shoulder flexion and allow the dumbbell to travel over your head.
- NEVER flex the shoulders to the point where the back arches, maintain a strong inner unit activation and squeeze the buttocks.
- Extend the weights SLOWLY back to the starting position.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.